|Play, Learn and Grow........ Together
Quitman County Pre-K program is committed to providing a quality early childhood education program. It is open to students who are four years old on or before September 1, 2010. All parents or legal guardians should bring to the registration their proof of address*, birth certificate, immunization record and the child's social security card.
*Proof of Address - Current utility bill or one of the following documents:
- Valid residential lease or rental agreement
- Current property tax statement
- Property deed
- Settlement statement for the home
The Quitman County School System has one Georgia Lottery funded Pre-K classes. Our program provides a full day (6.5 hours) of appropriate instructional services to students for the regular school calendar year. The purpose of the Pre-K Program is school readiness and preparing students for a smooth transition to Kindergarten for success in later school years.
A child's readiness for school is when...
- possible health barriers that obstruct learning have been detected,
- suspected physical or mental disabilities have been addressed,
- enthusiasm, curiosity, and persistence toward learning is demonstrated,
- feelings of both self and others are recognized,
- social and interpersonal skills are emerging,
- communication with others is effective,
- early literacy skills are evident, and
- common knowledge about the world, things, places, events, and people has been acquired.
The Pre-Kindergarten teacher is a certified that provides instructional activities and learning experiences in the areas of language/literacy, math, social/emotional development, science, social studies, health/physical development and art/creative expressions using the High/Scope Curriculum. A maximum of twenty (20) students receive services in the class.
If additional information about Quitman County Pre-Kindergarten is needed, please contact Mr. Jon Erik Jones at 229-334-4298, opt 1, 0 or email@example.com.