Our Mission: Our mission is to ensure the academic success of each child, each day, with no excuses.
Our Vision: Quitman County students will be able to compete in a global society.
Goal 1: To conduct an annual review of curriculum, instruction, and assessment, with student test scores indicating a pattern of growth toward exceeding state standards.
- In three years, the percentage of students who meet the "Exceeds the Standard" in Reading on the CRCT will increase by 10%.
- In three years, the percentage of students who meet the "Exceeds the Standard" in Math on the CRCT will increase by 15%.
- In three years, the percentage of students who meet the "Do Not Meet the Standard" in Reading and Math on the CRCT will decrease by 15%.
- The GAPS Analysis will be scheduled in 2009-10 to determine if curriculum knowledge and instruction are in the "Operational" range in 90% of observable areas.
Goal 2: To establish a review process of Quitman County High School students to increase the retention and graduation rate of Quitman County High School students by 50% during the 2007-08 and 2008-09 school years.
- The graduation rate will increase by 100% during school year 2009-10.
- The graduation rate will continue to be 100% during school year 2010-11 and 2011-12.
- The dropout rate will decrease by 25% during school year 2009-10.
- The dropout rate will decrease by 25% during school year 2010-11 and 2011-12.
Goal 3: To maintain and support a professional development program for all staff to increase their content knowledge and teaching skill to improve student performance with an emphasis on fulfilling the mission and vision of Quitman County Schools.
- Attendance rosters and certification information from inservice programs will be maintained for 2009-10, 2010-11, and 2010-12 to determine staff participation.
- Review of completed surveys of staff to determine the impact of training on the instructional program.
- A review of the completion level of benchmarks established for Goals 1 and 2 for 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12.
Goal 4: To develop a plan of research to secure funds to support an enrichment program for Quitman County Schools.
- As part of the 21st Century Schools, a needs survey will be completed by students, parents, staff members, and community representatives during 2009-10.
- Conduct an annual review of school curriculum and programs with emphasis on student participation and school and community programs during 2009-10, 2010-11 and 2011-12.
Goal 5: To encourage and enlist parent involvement in current and future parent and school groups to increase parent understanding of school programs with an emphasis on understanding the mission and vision of Quitman County Schools.
- A review of parent membership in organizations.
- Questions to determine parent understanding of the school mission will be included in the 21st Century Survey.
Adopted October 6, 2009, Quitman County Board of Education